Liz and I just got back from eating a scrumptious lunch at a local restaurant. It was just her and myself. I enjoy going to lunch, just the two of us. She's such a good "restaurant baby" that taking her out is never a big deal.
So we ordered our food. Me a turkey club and Liz got a grilled cheese sandwich with a side of fruit. We both got drinks.
After we finished devouring our food, I asked the waitress for the check. She said, with a big grin, "Oh, it's already been taken care of." I must of had a very puzzled look on my face because she said, "Dr. Gordon took care of it." She said he comes in there often and usually does this once a week.
You're all thinking, "Who is Dr. Gordon?" Well he is local and very well known. He is a member of the Alabama House of Representatives.

http://jamesogordon.com/jog%20title%20page.htm
I saw him sitting across from us, and I knew he looked extremely familiar, but I could not pinpoint where I knew him from. I thought maybe I had worked with him in the past. He said hello to us a few times and Liz had a conversation with him. Then he left.
He really made my day and not for the fact that we got a free lunch, but that someone well known such as he, would much such a nice gesture to us without wanting anything in return.
Well, maybe he wants our support, and by golly, he sure has it now!
Thank you Dr. Gordon!
How neat!
ReplyDelete