As I was saying...
I just had this sort of twisted view on the "homemaker". Maybe because, growing up, there were really only two influential people in my life who were these said homemakers.
My grandma - paternal side
My BFF's mother
They both made it look so easy and effortless, that I just always assumed that being a SAHM and raising children was a simple, and maybe lazy, job...ducking!
My choice to stay home was actually brought up in conversation many times over the course of mine and my husband's relationship. He grew up with the "cookie mom" and a more traditional household. Mother cares for children, father provides for family.
I grew up with the hard working, independent, PHD, Dr. H, mother. A entrepreneur father who owned a successful restaurant and dabbled in real estate.
Both sets of parents were awesome in their own way.
After many years of getting to know my mother-in-law (MIL) and the more I talked and thought about staying home and raising my children, the more it became apparent to me that this was something I wanted. I had always had this maternal side just bursting to be used.
And on August 17, 2006, I found out that the thought of just using this "ability" was no longer, it had now become reality.
Meet, our little Bean....

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.