April 2, 2009
Confessions of a Stay At Home Mom (SAHM)
Being a stay at home mom can be challenging, to say the least. I should know, I am one.
We, as a society, are so focused on our professions...when is the next promotion, raise? What can I do to be better at my job and climb that corporate ladder we all hear about, but many (or most) of us don't and probably won't, experience.
Rewind 2 years. I had a job. A "real" job as most people would call it. I worked at the same company for 5 years, and I loved it. I really enjoyed the every day challenge and being surrounded by intelligent adults. It gave me a since of purpose and as if I was doing something worthwhile with my life. My life was easy with small challenges. Some would categorize and file it away in the "boring" section.
I woke up, went to work 8-5, came home, ate dinner, spent time with hubby, went to bed. Fill in the blanks as you must, but that was my typical Monday-Friday.
I admit now, because I can, that I was one of those women who asked, "How hard can it be a stay at home mom?" I truly thought that mom's who stayed home had it all and a bag of chips (cheetos if I had my choice). They were living the life, doing whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted.
....was I ever mistaken.
I was raised with 2 full time working parents, I just did not live "that" life. The one where you come home from school and your mother has a kiss, a snack, and some juice for you. Where you walk into a house that smells like heaven because she's been prepping dinner for hours on end.
Before you think, "What an ungrateful (insert naughty word)!", I am by NO means blaming my mother for not having my cookies and milk ready when I walked in the door. I am just explaining as to why I had a completely different perspective of the SAHM.
Be back later for more!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.